Monday, November 2, 2015

Social Media and Guess Who

Many times on social media an individual may say that they are one person but in reality are completely different and you would never know the difference. A simple Google search can find you pictures to send to anyone who asks for a picture and you can say whatever you want about who you are and no one knows the difference.

I recently ran into this problem where the person that I was talking to claimed to be a college age female. As I was talking to them I started getting the feeling that they weren't female at all. Now I could be wrong but from the way they were talking it seemed more like they were male. I'm usually very careful when I talk to people I don't know and in this instance I was even more careful as I was getting strange vibes from the way they were talking.

This kind of ties in with one of my previous posts. Be careful what you say or post on the Internet. Not everyone is who they say they are and not everyone has good intentions. Stay smart and think before you do anything and you'll be fine.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    I agree, people can be sketchy. Its sad that in such an open world, people have to pretend to be something they're not. I wish more people would be who they are and stop messing with people by lying about their identity. It's not good for anyone involved.

    ReplyDelete