Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Social Media and Spreading the Word

I am in charge of fundraising for my chapter of Kappa Phi. Kappa Phi is a Christian girl's club here at ONU. Many times I will extend fundraisers to other chapters. The main way I connect with these other chapters is via Facebook. There is a group on Facebook solely for active members of Kappa Phi across the country. Posting fundraisers in this group can boost a fundraiser by almost 50%. I recently posted a fundraiser on the page and before I had even shared it with my chapter I had 17 people order at least one if not more products.

Social media is also a great way to let other chapters learn about our sisters. Every week I post five good things about three of our sisters so other chapters can learn about us and we can get the word out about us. It's a good way to connect with other chapters and let Nationals know about who we are and what we do.

Because of the distance between chapters social media is a great way to let other chapters know what we're doing and stay connected. We can share ideas and what we found that works or what doesn't work. Without social media our chapters would be a lot more separated and information wouldn't be able to be passed as easily between them.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel- Facebook is an invaluable tool in the social media world. Creating a Facebook page for members only is a great way for members to communicate freely and instantly, even with members from across the country. Facebook allows everyone to feel connected in one space which is why it is so successful. Sharing ideas through Kappa Phi’s Facebook page is a great way to get new ideas. Hopefully you can use other chapter’s ideas and bring them to Ohio Northern’s chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, when I first came to ONU, I really liked Kappa Phi and thought about joining. The girls are so sweet and I think that it's a good way to get to know people, especially when you're a new student. I don't know why I decided not to join, but I really regret it. I hear so many good things about Kappa Phi, keep it up! Like Allison said in her comment, Facebook is truly and invaluable tool. You can use it to connect with with many other chapters of Kappa Phi and it seems like you've found it to be good for not only fundraising, but a great way to get to know these other women as well. I'm so glad that this type of fundraising works so well for you because it seems like sometimes clubs have a hard time getting enough money. Keep up the great work Rachel!

    ReplyDelete